Monday 21 June 2010

"I'll have the lamb - rare and bloody"

I can't hold it in any longer. And the more I notice it the more frequently it haunts me. It - is the new Marco Pierre-White Knorr stock cubes advert. 

This series of ads have bothered me as all chefs in adverts do - they take away the believability in their passion for food. Jamie, Heston, Gordon - they're all guilty of selling out. But Marco? This one goes just a little further than the pure, simple selling-your-soul rabbit hole.

Marco's recent 'Steak Season' episode in the Knorr series, really disturbs my shudderbone. Think Buffalo Bill. Think Silence of the Lambs. Think "it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

Marco's version of this spine-chilling quote? "I'd mash them into a paste with olive oil" (deathly pause) "and rub it in".

Maybe it's the odd past tense he uses but I get proper shudders when its on. See for yourself - now is it just me, or is that proper freaky stuff?

Now, I'm off for a niiiice Chiaaaanti....ff ff ff ff fff ff ff ff fff!

Nx
"I'll have the lamb - rare and bloody"SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment: