Sunday 20 February 2011

Play with your food

I can't pretend to know anything about parenting, but from my own experience of growing up cooking alongside my own, I can't help but think that the earlier we take an interest, the more chance we have of enjoying a tastier, varied and more natural diet. Eating processed meals take away so much of our ability to make food choices, e.g. if you saw two tablespoons of salt going into your food, would you eat it? 

My 18 month old niece abbie has made good headway already with baby-led weaning, and now, helping out my sister with the baking! 
And yes, rice krispie cakes can be part of that aforementioned balanced, varied diet...!
Nx
Play with your foodSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the process of writing about baby-led on my blog too. It is a massive subject and the older abbie gets the more benefits we realise are coming along with her eating that way - the list is very long indeed. Will let you know when I'm done. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally inspired by it - and she is BRILLIANT xxx

    ReplyDelete